- This event has passed.
Introduction to WordPress with James Endersby
WordPress is one of the most popular and powerful blogging platforms on the Web today. It is also a very efficient website Content Management System (CMS), which makes it an extremely versatile piece of ‘Open Source’ software. Being ‘Open Source’ it is therefore free to use by anyone and everyone.
In this course I will be covering the following.
- What is WordPress and how does it relate to the website you see.
- Logging into WordPress and understanding the Dashboard.
- Basic site settings.
- Themes, what are they and how they relate to what you see on a website.
- Setting up and activating a theme
- The difference between posts and pages.
- Writing content, pages.
- Website menu system and how it relates to pages.
- Writing content, posts.
- Plugins, what are they and how they can enhance a WordPress website.
- Searching for, Installing and activating plugins
Course requirements. An understanding of how to use the internet and navigate around a website.
Please bring with you a laptop as you will be working on your own test WordPress site.
“James managed somehow to take a group of people with diverse range of IT capability, through the basics of WordPress. We learnt how to set up a WordPress site, create our menu, use images, and set us up for writing blogs. He gave simple instructions, was patient and retained a sense of humour.” – Vanessa