- This event has passed.
Mind Mapping with Alexandra Pearson
Mind mapping is a visual and creative organisational tool, based on the way the brain works, linking and association information, and like our brains, mind maps gather and store information in a retrieval-friendly way.
In this Yurt Session, participants learn to map with confidence. We cover several different types of maps; concept mapping for stimulating thought, hierarchical mapping, and knowledge mapping for organising information, and we discuss their potential use in and out of the work place.
Once we have learnt to do individual maps, we look at how mapping can be used by teams and groups in different ways. We complete a map-share where by the participants share a large amount of information in a very short period of time, and a Rapid Brain-surf, where the participants brainstorm and collect creative idea, again in a short period of time.
• Concept mapping – stimulating thought
• Hierarchical mapping – organising information into relationships and categories
• Knowledge mapping – sorting & organising fact into memorable and understandable format
• Map-share – collecting large quantities of information
• Brainsurf – collecting group ideas
“Interesting, fun, engaging. Alex is a brilliant facilitator.” Jude
“Alexandra is clearly very knowledgeable in her subject matter. Fun and useful.” Caroline