- This event has passed.
Stand Up Comedy with Gerry Thompson
More and more people these days want to have a go at stand-up comedy, and there are many opportunities for doing an open mic spot. But learning stand-up is also extremely good personal development. Comedy is as much about revealing yourself and connecting with an audience as it is about getting laughs.
Stand-up comedians develop an extraordinary array of skills and attributes – confidence and overcoming fear and anxiety, engaging with an audience, thinking on their feet, turning disaster into triumph – and in this course you will be able to advance on these and other points. Each participant will have the opportunity to develop a short piece of comedy material, present it to the group, and receive helpful feedback and constructive suggestions for development of content, presentation style and comedy persona. It will be exciting and fun.
Session Content Overview:
• Learning how to generate comedy material
• Testing your material out on an audience
• Learning how to structure material for maximum effect
• Understanding set-up and punchline
• The secret of Comic Timing
• How to overcome fear and anxiety on stage
• Drawing on your unique individuality and creative self-expression
Bring with you…
Any Stand Up Comedy ideas you already have.